Take the train on your business trip to Germany.
Every day, over 35 trains run from Switzerland to all of the major cities in Germany. On high-speed routes, the InterCityExpress (ICE) takes you towards your destination at speeds of up to 300 km/h.
Benefit from the many advantages rail travel has over air travel and arrive more quickly in the German business capitals:
- You can reserve, purchase and print out all tickets conveniently at your workplace.
- You simply board the train in the heart of the city.
- You have your baggage with you during the whole journey.
- You travel inexpensively and save time avoiding security checks, boarding and check-in procedures as well as baggage claims.
- You can use the entire journey time to either work or unwind.
- You arrive at your meeting, congress or business call well-prepared and rested.
Book your next business trip to Germany now online:
Your daily connections to Germany.
|From||To||Journey time||Frequency||Timetable enquiries|
|Zürich||Mannheim||03:14||every hour (change in Basel on some journeys)||Search connection|
|Basel||Mannheim||02:10||every hour||Search connection|
|Zürich||Stuttgart||02:58||every two hours||Search connection|
|Basel||Stuttgart||02:37||every hour with a change in Karlsruhe||Search connection|
|Zürich||Frankfurt||03:53||every hour (change in Basel on some journeys)||Search connection|
|Bern||Frankfurt||03:49||every hour (change in Basel on some journeys)||Search connection|
|Basel||Cologne||03:53||every hour (change in Basel on some journeys)||Search connection|
|Zürich||Munich||04:11||4 x a day, direct||Search connection|
|St. Gallen||Munich||03:09||4 x a day, direct||Search connection|
Price examples supersaver tickets, in CHF.
|From||To||2nd class*||1st classe*|
|Zürich HB / Basel SBB||Mannheim||from 48.00||from 60.00|
|Zürich HB / St. Gallen||Stuttgart||from 23.00||from 60.00|
|Zürich HB / Bern||Frankfurt (Main)||from 48.00||from 72.00|
|Zürich HB||Cologne||from 48.00||from 72.00|
|Basel SBB||Cologne||from 48.00||from 84.00|
|Zürich HB / St. Gallen||Munich||from 48.00||from 60.00|
* single journey in 1st/2nd class, ticket valid on the train selected, price valid for online purchase. Advance booking from 90 days to 3 days before departure. No exchange, no refund. Tickets are on offer in limited quantities, subject to availability, at sbb.ch/en/business.
In SBB Ticket Shop Business you can find prices for direct connections to the largest cities in neighbouring countries by entering the destination and travel date. Other possible travel dates will also be displayed. You therefore have the option of finding the best value for money via a simple summary.
Discounts for GA or Half-Fare travelcard holders.
If you have a GA or Half-Fare travelcard and buy your tickets in Switzerland, you will get 25% off the price of the international section of the journey (does not apply to supersaver tickets - see above). The minimum distance that must be travelled in Germany is 60 kilometres.
All discounts only apply to the purchase of international tickets in Switzerland.
Seat reservations in trains travelling to Germany are optional and are not included in the ticket price. However, supersaver tickets are tied to a particular train. We recommend you reserve a seat. You can reserve your seat online when making your purchase via our SBB Ticket Shop Business (step 4 – "Reservations").
Depending on the route and train type, you can enjoy the following services during your journey:
- Seat reservation (optional, not included in the ticket price, compulsory)
- Adjustable seats (1st and 2nd class)
- Open-plan saloon and enclosed compartments with side corridor in 1st and 2nd class
- Quiet zone
- Mobile zone
- Power sockets (1st class Business, 1st class, 2nd class)
- Reading lamps at seats (1st class Business, 1st class, 2nd class)
- On-board bistro and restaurant
- At-seat service (1st class)
- Newspapers/magazines (1st class)
Whether you are in Munich, Stuttgart or Freiburg – why not extend your business trip and spend a long weekend or a short break in Germany?
Overview map of destinations.
Tip: You can receive additional information about your destination by searching its surrounding area on the map (“Search nearby”).
Prices including VAT. Prices, product specifications and timetable subject to modifications.