Radio test coach.
The radio test coach – ensuring radio-based systems work as they should.
In service since 1995, the test coach is equipped with measurement receivers, mobile telecommunications testing devices, measurement antennae and computers. It also houses systems for measuring PMR and GSM(-R) applications.
Radio test coach schedule.
The use of the test coach is coordinated by SBB Telecom. The schedule is structured as follows:
Testing of public GSM networks:
Testing of SBB networks:
Technical specifications of the radio test coach:
- Vehicle number: X 60 85 99-73 109-8
- Length over buffers: 26.4 metres
- Height (incl. antennae): 4.4 metres
- Width: 2.825 metres
- Weight (gross): 42 tonnes
- Brakes: O-PR (GS)
- Braked weight: 57 tonnes
- Heating cable: 1,000 Volt / 16.7 Hz
- No. of axles: 4
- Distance between bogies: 19 metres
- Multiple-unit control: Type IIId and EP line
- Basis: Bm 51 85 22-70 026-0
- Telephone: +41(0)51 2204481 or +41(0)79 2231001
- Alarm system: Securtion (intruder, fire)