Welcome to the region of canton Fribourg.
Timetables from 14.12.2014.
Several regional lines are at your service in the region of canton Fribourg.
RER Fribourg l Freiburg.
- RE Bulle–/Palézieux—Romont—Fribourg/Freiburg—Bern.
One RegioExpress train per hour every day.
- RE Bulle—Romont—Fribourg/Freiburg.
One RegioExpress train per hour every day, operated by tpf. This combination of the two RegioExpress connections provides a service frequency of one train every 30 minutes between Bulle and Fribourg.
- Bern S-Bahn S1 Fribourg/Freiburg—Bern—Thun.
One regional train every 30 minutes. New stop at Fribourg/Freiburg Poya, close to sport and leisure facilities.
- S20 Fribourg/Freiburg—Neuchâtel.
One tpf regional train per hour.
- S21 Fribourg/Freiburg—Kerzers.
One tpf regional train per hour during peak times. This combination of the S20 and S21 connections provides a service frequency of one regional train every 30 minutes between Fribourg and Murten during peak times.
- S21 / S5 Murten/Morat—Kerzers.
This combination of lines S21 and S5 and the Bern S-Bahn regional trains provides a service frequency of one regional train every 30 minutes between Murten and Kerzers.
- S30 Fribourg/Freiburg—Payerne—Yverdon-les-Bains.
One regional train every 30 minutes from Monday to Friday until 8 p.m. (except at around 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to reserve capacity for freight transport). One train per hour during evenings and weekends – this also applies to Yverdon-Champ Pittet.
Hourly connections from Yverdon-les-Bains to Lausanne on line S11 of the RER Vaud.
Hourly connections from Fribourg to Romont on line S40.
For night owls, a regional connection is being introduced on a trial basis for 2015: Lausanne (1:25 a.m.)—Yverdon-les-Bains (2:02 a.m./2:06 a.m.)—Payerne (2:33 a.m.) on Friday/Saturday nights except the night of 31 July/1 August.
- S40 Fribourg/Freiburg—Romont.
One regional train every 30 minutes from Monday to Friday until 8 p.m. One train per hour during evenings and weekends.
Hourly connections from Fribourg to Lucerne (InterRegio) and to Yverdon-les-Bains on line S30.
Hourly connections from Fribourg to Zurich (InterCity) and to Bern (RegioExpress) and from Romont to Geneva (RegioExpress).
- R / S5 Payerne—Murten/Morat.
Hourly one RER Vaud regional train and one Bern S-Bahn regional train per hour during peak times.
- R Romont—Palézieux—Lausanne.
Two regional trains in the morning and two in the evening in the opposite direction.
- RE Romont—Palézieux—Lausanne—Geneva.
One RegioExpress train per hour.
- RE Geneva—Vevey/—Romont.
One RegioExpress connection every 30 minutes, alternating between Geneva—Vevey and Geneva—Romont.
Further information to help you plan your journey:
- Online SBB timetables for your collections from door to door. Further information
- Pocket regional timetable and timetable for departures from your station. Further information
- To find out about and to buy tickets for travel within the Fribourg tariff network Frimobil. Further information
- To find out about and to buy tickets for travel destinations outside the Fribourg tariff network Frimobil. Further information
- P+Rail: your parking space at the railway station. Further information
The regional SBB fleet that operates services in the Canton of Fribourg area is one of the most modern in Switzerland.
Domino multiple units.
Consisting of two to four vehicles, these multiple units operate on the following lines: RER Fribourg I Freiburg, Fribourg/Freiburg–Romont, Fribourg/Freiburg–Yverdon-les-Bains et Romont–Palézieux–Lausanne. Introduced in 2010/2011, they offer easier access for persons with reduced mobility as well as more space, air-conditioning, surveillance cameras and a state-of-the-art information system.
Major engineering work.
On this page you can find additional information about any major engineering work taking place in the Canton of Fribourg region. Go to list of services affected by engineering work.