Welcome to the region of canton Fribourg.
Three regional SBB lines are at your service in the region of canton Fribourg.
Bulle–Romont–Fribourg–Bern on RER Fribourg I Freiburg RegioExpress trains.
SBB operates RER Fribourg I Freiburg trains in cooperation with tpf:
- from Monday to Sunday, an hourly Palézieux/Bulle–Romont–Fribourg–Berne RegioExpress service in both directions;
- from Monday to Sunday, an hourly Bulle–Romont–Fribourg RegioExpress service in both directions;
Together, these two services provide two trains every hour between Bulle and Fribourg. The RER Fribourg I Freiburg services operate with comfortable SBB Domino trains and tpf Flirt trains.
On this route, there is an hourly service that stops at all stations. During peak-hours, there is also a fast service between Fribourg and Estavayer-le-Lac and between Fribourg and Romont. These trains are operated by Domino units.
In the morning, two regional trains will run on this line from Romont to Palézieux and then continue directly to Puidoux-Chexbres and Lausanne (RegioExpress). In the evening, two RegioExpress trains will run from Lausanne to Puidoux-Chexbres and Palézieux and then continue directly from Palézieux to Romont (regional trains). These services will operate with comfortable Domino trains.
Aside from these rapid rail links, the region is served by frequent bus services on the Romont–Ursy–Oron-la-Ville–Palézieux line.
Further information to help you plan your journey:
- Online SBB timetables for your collections from door to door. Further information
- Pocket regional timetable and timetable for departures from your station. Further information
- To find out about and to buy tickets for travel within the Fribourg tariff network Frimobil. Further information
- To find out about and to buy tickets for travel destinations outside the Fribourg tariff network Frimobil. Further information
- P+Rail: your parking space at the railway station. Further information
The regional SBB fleet that operates services in the Canton of Fribourg area is one of the most modern in Switzerland.
Domino multiple units.
Consisting of two to four vehicles, these multiple units operate on the following lines: RER Fribourg I Freiburg, Romont–Fribourg–Payerne–Yverdon-les-Bains and Romont–Palézieux. Introduced in 2010/2011, they offer easier access for persons with reduced mobility as well as more space, air-conditioning, surveillance cameras and a state-of-the-art information system.
Information and media
Major engineering work.
On this page you can find additional information about any major engineering work taking place in the Canton of Fribourg region. Go to list of services affected by engineering work.