Wilhelm Tell Express.
On the trails of Switzerland: the Wilhelm Tell Express connects traditional ancient Switzerland with Mediterranean Ticino. The journey takes you across the spectacular Gotthard route and provides an unforgettable journey through impressive countryside.
In Lucerne you change to a steamship (or in winter a saloon motor vessel) and you glide across Lake Lucerne, past mystical bays and picturesque countryside while enjoying delicacies from the on-board catering. From Flüelen you take the panorama train via the historic Gotthard route southwards, where you can look forward to seeing the varied Ticino countryside.
You can book the Wilhelm Tell Express as a standard offer or you can obtain it as a reduced RailAway combined offer.
- Rail & boat
- Boat trip in 1st class, passing the Rütli, the Tellsplatte and the Schiller Stone.
- Rail journey in the 1st class panorama coach via the Gotthard route Flüelen–Bellinzona, Locarno or Lugano with its many spiral tunnels.
- Multilingual travel guide in the panorama coach during the summer season.
- Souvenir, travel guide and food voucher (for one breakfast or lunch).
A unique “Tour de Suisse”.
The journey from Luzern to Ticino takes you along the spectacular Gotthard route: choose the Wilhelm Tell Express to make it unforgettable.
- Before the journey begins, we hand you a welcome package at the boatstation in Lucerne (or at Locarno, Lugano or Bellinzona stations if you choose to travel in the reverse direction), which contains a valuable souvenir, a food voucher worth 19 francs and a travel guide.
- In picturesque Lucerne you board a steamship (or in a winter a saloon motor vessel) where a 1st class place is reserved for you in the boat restaurant. In the next two and a half hours you can redeem the food voucher while enjoying the voyage across Lake Lucerne.
- On the journey to Flüelen you will learn a great deal of interest about the route and its attractions (multilingual).
- From Flüelen you travel in the 1st class panorama coach on the historical Gotthard route with its many loop tunnels heading south. This brings you to the varied Ticino countryside – where you may start to catch the spirit of “Italianità”.
- During the summer season, you are accompanied by a multilingual personal travel guide on the train journey, who gives information on the special features along the route.
- You can also travel in the reverse direction from Lugano, Bellinzona or Locarno to Lucerne on the Wilhelm Tell Express.
* Change in Bellinzona
Timetable specifications subject to modifications.
Individual travel (1st class)
With the Swiss Travel Pass, Eurailpass and the 1st class GA travelcard or for your own children from 6 to 16 years (with the Junior travelcard or STS Family Card)
With the Half-Fare travelcard /
RailAway combined offer.
Included in the reduced combined offer price: rail journey for the outward and return journeys (10%), 1st class boat trip (10%) by steamship (or saloon motor vessel) via Lake Lucerne, food voucher worth CHF 19 for one lunch (or one breakfast) in the 1st class boat restaurant, rail journey in the 1st class panorama coach (10%) via the Gotthard route and seat reservation. Price examples: 2nd class, in CHF.
|Zurich main station||153.00||257.00|
Offer valid: 19 October 2015 to 10 December 2016.
With the Junior travelcard: CHF 49, reduction, redeem reduced RailAway combined offer before travelling.
With the GA travelcard 1st class: CHF 49, reduction, redeem reduced RailAway combined offer before travelling.
With the GA travelcard 2nd class: CHF 74.20, reduction, redeem reduced RailAway combined offer before travelling.
- The rail ticket is valid for 3 days.
- The public transport ticket (train/boat) is valid for 3 days.
- The OnlineTicket is valid for 1 day for the outward journey and 1 day for the return journey within a 3-day period.
- The offer can also be booked in the reverse direction.
The price examples are calculated for the usual routing.
In the winter season (19.10.2015–15.4.2016 and 24.10.2016–10.12.2016) CHF 10 cheaper.
Prices include VAT. Prices and product specifications subject to modifications.
Prices effective: October 2015.
RT art. no. 5252
- At any station in Switzerland.
- At Rail Service on +41 900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. from the Swiss fixedline network).
- At your travel agency.
- At one of the sales points worldwide: www.swisstravelsystem.ch/wheretobuy
- Travel without luggage where possible. With our luggage service, you can send your luggage at a station with luggage shipping facilities by 7 p.m. and collect it from your destination station two days later from 9 a.m. www.sbb.ch/baggage.
- Are you travelling in a wheelchair? Please register by the day before you travel at the latest with the SBB Call Center Handicap www.sbb.ch/en/handicap.
RailAway combined offer:
- From the Rail Service Helpdesk 0900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. from the Swiss fixed-line network).
- At railway station ticket counters (opening hours).
Please note: You can only obtain this reduced RailAway combined offer at the points of sale given above.