Wilhelm Tell Express.
On the trail of Switzerland.
With the Wilhelm Tell Express, you’ll travel in an impressive and historic manner from the traditional heart of Switzerland to its Mediterranean-like south. First you’ll glide across the sparkling waters of Lake Lucerne on a nostalgic steamboat (or motor vessel). From Flüelen, the southbound journey continues in a comfortable 1st class panorama coach, passing through the imposing Reuss Valley in Canton of Uri and along the world-famous Gotthard line. Here you’ll be awaited by the varied, picturesque landscape of Ticino.
Your travel itinerary.
Individual travel to Lucerne. Then a two-and-a-half hour boat cruise (1st class) across Lake Lucerne to Flüelen (incl. lunch on board). Change to SBB’s panorama coach and onward journey to Locarno or Lugano.
Wilhelm Tell Express Premium offer.
Here we will serve you a select 3-course menu on board the boat. And during the subsequent train journey, take your seat in one of the world-exclusive swivel chairs in the Salon Liberté carriage. In a multivision show, you’ll learn all about the Gotthard line and be attended to by a multilingual personal travel guide.
A unique “Tour de Suisse”.
The journey from Luzern to Ticino takes you along the spectacular Gotthard route: choose the Wilhelm Tell Express to make it unforgettable.
- Before you board in Luzern (or if you wish, in Locarno or Lugano), you will receive a welcome package with a valuable souvenir.
- 1st class boat journey from Luzern to Flüelen on the nostalgic paddle steamer (or by motor vessel).
- A meal voucher worth CHF 19.– is included in the welcome package and you can redeem this in the 1st class restaurant.
- On the journey to Flüelen there will be a (multilingual) commentary about the route and its attractions.
- There is a short change in Flüelen where you board the 1st class panorama coach and travel southwards on the historical Gotthard route with its many loop tunnels.
- In Bellinzona you decide whether – to go on to Locarno or Lugano.
- No luggage worries on your journey between Luzern and Lugano or Locarno – you hand your luggage in at 9 a.m. and pick it up at your destination station. sbb.ch/baggage
- Are you travelling in a wheelchair? No problem! Just contact SBB Call Center Handicap and we will help you board and alight from the train. sbb.ch/en/handicap
The Wilhelm Tell Express premium offer.
Uniqueness on the move: first, you receive a welcome package with a valuable souvenir. Then you are served an exquisite 3-course menu on the boat. On the train, you take your seat in the Salon Liberté – the worldwide exclusive coach with swivel chairs. After a welcome drink you discover everything about the unique Gotthard routing in a multivision show – whilst being attended by a multilingual travel guide. We advise you to reserve your seat early.
Timetables and prices
The Wilhelm Tell Express operates in summer and winter (except premium offer). Now all you have to decide is which route to take.
There is a basic or premium offer for the Wilhelm Tell Express.
Individual travel (1st class)
Wilhelm Tell Express
Wilhelm Tell Express Premium
With the Swiss Pass, Eurailpass and the Swiss 1st class GA travelcard or your own children from 6 to 16 years (with the Junior travelcard or STS Family Card)
With the Swiss Half-Fare travelcard / Swiss Card
Contact and bookings
Secure your seats.
We recommend early booking as the number of seats is limited.
- You can book the offer at any Swiss station, through your travel agent, or via Rail Service on 0900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. from the Swiss fixed-line network) or on +41 900 300 300 from abroad.
Sales points worldwide:
Prices and timetable specifications subject to modifications.