Welcome to over 1,000 years of history – in Chillon Castle on Lake Geneva.
Chillon Castle is an architectural gem, magnificently nestling between Lake Geneva and the mountains. A visit to Chillon is like a journey back in time. Each room reveals part of its history, letting your imagination transport you to the Court of Savoy or to the everyday life of the local governors of Bern. Discover the 14th century murals that are still visible in the Duke’s bedroom and the chapel and see the large collection of chests and furniture in every room. And don’t forget that Chillon was also a fortress! The landward side is flanked with towers and a wall walk.
- Art, knowledge & museums
Thanks to the RailAway combined offer, you will benefit from:
- 20% reduction on the journey using public transport to Veytaux-Chillon, Château-de-Chillon or Veytaux, Château-de-Chillon and back.
- Reduced admission to Chillon Castle.
Offer valid: 1 November to 31 March 2017.
- Medieval spectacle (stories, fairy market and events): 3–4/10–11/17–18.12.2016.
- Exhibition from 2 September 2016 to 8 January 2017, “Magic mountains – the works of Daniel Frank”.
- Exhibition from 27.1.2017: Medieval Factory – Inventions from the Middle Ages.
Information and tips.
- To plan your travel: Timetable
- Transfer: the boat mooring is directly adjacent to the castle, which is approx. 5 minutes’ walk from Veytaux-Chillon station. From Montreux station, VMC bus no. 201 Veytaux stop, Château-de-Chillon is then 3 minutes on foot.
- Offer is wheelchair accessible.
- Opening hours: November–February, 10 a.m.–5 p.m. (final admission, 4 p.m.); March, 9.30 a.m.–6 p.m. (final admission, 5 p.m.), closed 25.12.2016 and 1.1.2017.
- General info: Tel. 021 966 89 10; www.chillon.ch.
RailAway combined offer.
Included in the reduced combined offer price: public transport journey (20%) to Veytaux-Chillon, Château-de-Chillon or Veytaux, Château-de-Chillon and back, reduced admission to Chillon Castle. Price examples: via Veytaux-Chillon, 2nd class, in CHF.
|Zurich main station||75.40||140.20|
Offer valid: 1 November 2016 to 31 March 2017.
With the Junior travelcard: CHF 5.00, redeem the reduced-price admission at the departure station before travelling.
With the GA travelcard: CHF 10.60, redeem the reduced-price admission at the departure station before travelling.
For students/pupils/women and men 60+ years/recipients of IV pensions: CHF 1.00, reduction, redeem reduced RailAway combined offer at the ticket counter at the station before travelling.
- The national ticket is valid for 3 days. On the Mobilis regional network the offer is valid for 1 day.
- The national OnlineTicket is valid for 1 day for the outward journey and 1 day for the return journey within a 3-day period. On the Mobilis regional network the offer is valid for 1 day.
- The RailAway combined offer is also available without the Half-Fare travelcard and for
The price examples are calculated for the usual routing.
Prices include VAT. Prices and product specifications subject to modifications.
Prices effective: 11 December 2016.
Information for sales:
RT art. no. 7955 (Veytaux-Chillon or Château-de-Chillon)
OR art. no. 11891 (by bus)
Mobilis art. no. 9860
You can obtain this RailAway combined offer: