Tour of the Mythen.
A tour round the Mythen mountains by train and bus: A super attractive hiking trail from Rickenbach to Sattel or the reverse (duration approximately 3–3 ½ hours).
From Rickenbach you ascend with the new Rotenflue Railway. The hiking trail leads along the impressive Mythen and past the cosy mountain guesthouses and Alpine taverns. A fantastic panorama of the surrounding Alps awaits you there, and at the end of the hike you travel down again with the Sattel–Mostelberg rotating gondola. You can also take this circular walk in the reverse direction.
Thanks to the RailAway combined offer, you will benefit from:
- 20% reduction on the train and bus journey to Rickenbach SZ, Rotenfluebahn and back from Sattel, Gondelbahn (or in the reverse direction).
- 20% reduction on the single journey with the “Sattel-Mostelberg” rotating gondola.
- 20% reduction on the single journey with the Rotenflue Railway.
Offer valid: 7 May to 30 October 2016.
- Start of the round trip in Rickenbach SZ or Sattel SZ.
- “Sattel–Mostelberg” rotating gondola.
- “Rickenbach–Rotenflue” gondola lift.
- Extension to the Grosse Mythen, at an altitude of 1899 m.
- Rondos children’s park with summer toboggan run, tubing and bouncy castles.
- 374 m “Raiffeisen Skywalk” pedestrian suspension bridge.
Information and tips.
- To plan your travel: timetable
- Transfer: by PT to Rickenbach SZ, Rotenflue Railway or Sattel gondola.
- Operating hours: Rotenflue Railway, 8.30 a.m.–5.30 p.m.; Sattel–Mostelberg rotating gondola, 8.45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Please note the revision times of the railways in spring and autumn.
- All gondolas of the rotating gondola railway are accessible by wheelchair and pram or pushchair.
- Info: Rotenfluebahn: tel. +41 41 819 70 00, www.mythenregion.ch; rotating gondola railway: tel. +41 41 836 80 80, www.sattel-hochstuckli.ch.
RailAway combined offer.
Included in the reduced combined price: train and bus journeys (20%) to Rickenbach SZ, Rotenfluebahn and back from Sattel, Gondelbahn (or in the reverse direction), single journey with the Rotenflubahn (20%) and single journey with the “Sattel–Mostelberg” rotating gondola railway (20%). Price examples via Sattel and back from Rickenbach SZ, 2nd class in CHF.
|Zurich main station||42.20||84.20|
Offer valid: 7 May to 30 October 2016.
With the Junior travelcard: CHF 11.20 reduction, redeem reduced RailAway combined offer at the ticket counter at the station before travelling.
With the GA travelcard: CHF 16.80, redeem reduced RailAway combined offer at the ticket counter at the station before travelling.
For young people aged 16 to 20 years/recipients of AHV and IV pensions: CHF 3.20 reduction, redeem reduced RailAway combined offer before travelling.
- The OnlineTicket is valid for 1 day.
- The national public transport ticket (train/bus) is valid for 3 days. On the Schwyz and Z-Pass Schwyz/Zug regional network the offer is valid for 1 day.
- This offer is NOT available online within the Schwyz and Z-Pass Schwyz/Zug fare networks.
- If you travel by bus via Schwyz or Biberbrugg to Sattel, Gondelbahn, please purchase the offer at the railway ticket counter.
- The RailAway combined offer is also available for 1st class.
- The offer can also be booked in the reverse direction.
The price examples are calculated for the usual routing.
Prices include VAT. Prices and product specifications subject to modifications.
Prices effective: 1 April 2016.
RT art. no. 9916
TV-Schwyz art. no. 9941
Z-Pass art. no. 9912
You can obtain this RailAway combined offer:
- Online (NOT available online within the Schwyz and Z-Pass Schwyz/Zug fare networks).
- From the Rail Service Helpdesk 0900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. from the Swiss fixed-line network).
- At railway station ticket counters (opening hours).
Please note: You can only obtain this reduced RailAway combined offer at the points of sale given above.