Bernisches Historisches Museum / Einstein Museum.
Rooted in Bern, connected to the world: travel from the Stone Age to the present day and explore cultures from all corners of the earth. The eleven permanent exhibitions and the Einstein Museum bring you closer to all the ages of human history.
The Bernisches Historisches Museum’s archaeology, history and ethnography collections contain about 500,000 objects from the Stone Age to the present day, from cultures across the globe. You can marvel at the hydria from Grächwil, the Burgundian tapestries, the diptych from Königsfelden or a world-class range of ethnographical objects, coins and medals. Other highlights in the museum’s permanent collections include spectacular sculpture discoveries, two mayoral thrones from Bern and much more. The integrated Einstein Museum offers fascinating insights into the physicist’s life and work. There are also temporary exhibitions on offer in the extensive exhibition hall.
- Art, knowledge & museums
Thanks to the RailAway combined offer, you will benefit from:
- 10% reduction on the train journey to Bern and back.
- 10% reduction on the transfer in the regional network Libero: from Bern station with the tram route no. 7 direction Ostring or tram route no. 6 direction Worb Dorf or tram route no. 8 direction Saali or bus no. 19 towards Elfenau to Helvetiaplatz and back.
- 10% reduction on admission.
Offer valid: 1 August 2016 to 31 January 2017.
Thanks to the Swiss Museum Pass you will benefit from:
- 10% reduction on the train journey to Bern, Helvetiaplatz and back.
Offer valid: 1 November 2015 to 31 October 2016.
Permanent exhibitionsEleven permanent exhibitions run through all epochs of human history
|Exhibitions||Mercenary, Iconoclast, Dancer of Death – Niklaus Manuel and the Time of the Reformation13 October 2016 to 17 April 2017|
|Languages||German, French and English|
|Opening hours||Tuesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Guided tours||Audio guide for the Einstein Museum in nine languages
Guided tours every Sunday, programme at www.bhm.ch
Guided tours for groups: by prior arrangement
Information and tips.
- To plan your travel: timetable
- Transfer: from Bern station with the tram route no. 7 direction Ostring or tram route no. 6 direction Worb Dorf or tram route no. 8 direction Saali or bus no. 19 towards Elfenau to Helvetiaplatz.
- Offer is partially wheelchair accessible.
- Info: www.bhm.ch/en/, Tel. 031 350 77 11, email@example.com.
RailAway combined offer.
Included in the reduced combined offer price: rail journey (10%), transfer (10% on tram/bus) and admission (10%) to all permanent exhibitions and the temporary exhibition «Niklaus Manuel» at the Bernisches Historsiches Museum (not including the Einstein Museum.
Price examples: 2nd class.
|Zurich main station|
Offer valid: 13 October 2016 to 31 January 2017.
With the Junior travelcard: CHF 10.80 reduction, redeem reduced admission before travelling.
With the GA travelcard: CHF 21.60, redeem reduced admission before travelling.
For students/women 64+ years/men 65+ years/recipients of IV pensions: CHF 5.40 reduction, redeem reduced RailAway combined offer before travelling.
- The national rail ticket is valid for 3 days. On the Libero regional network the offer is valid for 1 day.
- The national OnlineTicket is valid for 1 day for the outward journey and 1 day for the return journey within a 3-day period. On the Libero regional network the offer is valid for 1 day.
- The RailAway combined offer is also available without the Half-Fare travelcard and for 1st class.
The price examples are calculated for the usual routing.
Prices include VAT. Prices and product specifications subject to modifications. Prices effective: 1 January 2016.
Information for sales (offline):
For the permanent exhibitions incl. Einstein Museum (not including “Niklaus Manuel”):
OR art. no. 6685
Libero art. no. 5233
RailTicket with the Swiss Museum Pass:
OR art. no. 6602
For permanent exhibitions including the special exhibition “Niklaus Manuel” from 13.10.2016 (not including the Einstein Museum):
OR art. no. 7408
Libero art. no. 7409
You can obtain this RailAway combined offer (without temporary exhibition «Niklaus Manuel»):
If you already have a Swiss Museum Pass, you can obtain the reduced public transport ticket:
- From the Rail Service Helpdesk 0900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. from the Swiss fixed-line network).
- At railway station ticket counters (opening hours).
Important: please show the Swiss Museum Pass along with the reduced PT ticket on the train. On the return journey it is only valid with the museum stamp on the reverse side of the PT ticket.
Not available within the fare network.