Glacier Express Classic.
The classic among the Alpine trains: the journey in the Glacier Express is one of those panorama trips by train that is completely inspiring for both Swiss residents and tourists.
Experience the classic among the Swiss panorama trips – the journey in the Glacier Express. With the slowest fast train in the world, you travel from Zermatt to sophisticated St. Moritz in around 8 hours. This takes you across 291 bridges and through 91 tunnels, along unspoilt landscapes, deep ravines up to an altitude of 2033 metres to the high up Oberalp Pass. And you travel on an indescribable route from Valais to Engadine.
Offer valid: 7 April 2014 to 31 March 2015
- Mountains & views
Travel route: from Zermatt to St. Moritz (or the reverse).
1st day: individual rail journey from the place of residence to Zermatt. Overnight stay with breakfast.
2nd day: journey in the Glacier Express in the panorama coach from Zermatt to either St. Moritz: a day’s journey through unspoilt mountain countryside, deep gorges and lovely valleys, through 91 tunnels and across 291 imposing bridges. Overnight stay with breakfast.
3rd day: Individual rail journey from St. Moritz back to the place of residence, or an extended stay.
You stay overnight and have breakfast in Zermatt and St. Moritz in good 3-star hotels or, for a supplement, in 4-star hotels. All rooms have bath/shower and WC. The hotel names will be given to you with your travel documents.
Our most important partner hotels for this trip.
- 3***: Hotel Excelsior or similar
- 4****: Sunstar Style Hotel or similar
- 3***: Unique Hotel Eden or similar
- 4****: Hotel San Gian or similar
Included in the offer.
- Train journey in 2nd class (using the Half-Fare travelcard) from the place of residence to Zermatt and from St. Moritz back to the place of residence (or the reverse)
- 1 overnight stay with breakfast in the hotel in Zermatt and St. Moritz
- Rail journey in the Glacier Express, 2nd class in the panorama coach from Zermatt to either St. Moritz (or the reverse)
- Seat reservation in the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz (or the reverse)
Per person in CHF.
Per person in CHF.
Without Half-Fare travelcard
With Half-Fare travelcard
|With 2nd class GA travelcard||
With 2nd class GA travelcard*
|Panorama route 1st class|
*Children up to 16 years with Junior travelcard
- Optional cancellation insurance: CHF 25 per person
- Lean back and enjoy your lunch, freshly prepared in the on-board kitchen of the Glacier Express. The 3-course menu is usually served at your seat. Book this special experience now. Price per person CHF 43.
- You may also book the journey in the reverse direction.
- If you would like to make this trip at short notice (fewer than 3 working days before departure) please book by telephone via the number, 0848 777 077 (local charges).
The price examples are calculated for journeys via the advertised routing. The offer comprises both the outward and return train journey within Switzerland (in 2nd class, with Half-Fare travelcard).
Prices include VAT. Prices and product specifications subject to modifications.
Prices effective: 3 December 2013. In accordance with the applicable statutory provisions, the licensed carriers shall assume liability for any damage in connection with their operations. Any further liability is excluded.
Offer valid: 7 April 2014 to 31 March 2015 (except 28.10–13.12.2014)
You can book this panorama trip: