Wilhelm Tell Express.
Experience Swiss history by boat and train: from Lucerne along the places that were important in early Swiss history, via the Gotthard to Ticino.
From picturesque Lucerne, a motor boat or a steam boat takes you past Rütli and the Tellsplatte to Flüelen via Lake Lucerne. You board a 1st class panorama coach there for an enjoyable and varied journey, in which the train spirals up the Gotthard route, from 470 m to 1100 m. The Mediterranean panache of attractive Ticino welcomes you as soon as you leave the Gotthard Tunnel.
Offer valid: 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016.
- Rail & boat
- Mountains & views
Travel route: Lucerne–Lugano (or the reverse).
1st day: individual rail travel from home to Lucerne. Then a nostalgic journey by steam boat or a modern ride on a motor boat across Lake Lucerne to Flüelen, both in 2nd class, which takes about 3½ hours. You change to SBB here and travel in 1st class on the Gotthard route to Bellinzona, then change to 2nd class to Lugano. Overnight stay with breakfast in Lugano.
2nd day: individual return journey by train from Lugano to place of residence or an extended stay.
You stay overnight and have breakfast in Lugano in a good 3-star-Hotel or, for a supplement, in a 4-star hotel. All rooms have a bath/shower and WC. You will be given the name of the hotel with the travel documents.
Our most important partner hotels for this trip.
- 3***: Continental Parkhotel and Hotel Delfino
- 4****: Novotel Lugano and Hotel de la Paix
Included in the offer.
- Train journey in 2nd class (using the Half-Fare travelcard) from the place of residence to Lucerne and from Lugano to place of residence (or the reverse).
- 1 overnight stay with breakfast in the hotel in Lugano.
- Boat and rail journey on the Wilhelm Tell Express in 1st class from Lucerne via Flüelen to Bellinzona, including seat reservation, food voucher (CHF 19), travel guide and Wilhelm Tell Express souvenir.
- Train journey Bellinzona–Lugano in 2nd class.
Per person in CHF.
|1.4.–14.6 and 1.–31.10.2015||15.6.–30.9.2015||1.11.2015–31.3.2016|
Per person in CHF.
Without Half-Fare travelcard
With Half-Fare travelcrd
With 2nd class GA travelcard
With 1st class GA 1st travelcard*
*Children up to 16 years with Junior travelcard
- Optional cancellation insurance: CHF 25 per person.
- Other overnight stays can be booked along the route upon request.
- At the start of the journey in Lugano, the boat journey on Lake Lucerne takes place on the second day.
- You may also book the journey in the reverse direction.
- If you would like to make this trip at short notice (fewer than 3 working days before departure) please book by telephone via the number, 0848 777 077 (local charges).
The price examples are calculated for journeys via the advertised routing. The offer comprises both the outward and return train journey within Switzerland (in 2nd class, with Half-Fare travelcard). Prices include VAT. Prices and product specifications subject to modifications.
Prices effective: 1 December 2014.
In accordance with the applicable statutory provisions, the licensed carriers shall assume liability for any damage in connection with their operations. Any further liability is excluded.