Ship your bike anywhere in Switzerland.
Planning a weekend or holidays in the Engadine, the Valais or another region of Switzerland and wishing you could take your bike along? Simply register your bike at the station as an item of luggage – and it will be there waiting for you.
How it works
- If you are in possession of a valid passenger ticket, you can register your bike at all stations with a luggage counter and pick it up again at destinations with the same service.
- Bikes dropped off by 7 p.m. are ready for pick up two days later from 9 a.m. Please note the business hours of the individual luggage counters.
- If you are travelling alone or with your family, you do not need to book in advance. Groups of ten or more, however, have to book the shipment of their bicycles at least 48 hours prior to departure.
- Information is available at the train station or around the clock from Rail Service 0900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. from the Swiss fixed-line network).
Prices for bicycle shipping in Switzerland.
|With a train ticket or annual travelcard *||Price|
|Standard bike, bike trailer (unloaded) or electric bikes up to 25 kg||CHF 18|
|Special bike (longer than 2 m or unable to fit on the normal bicycle hooks, such as tandems, recumbent bike, tricycles etc.)||CHF 36|
* Registration is only valid with a valid ticket for the entire journey or an annual travelcard (GA travelcard, point-to-point travelcard, Half-Fare travelcard (for 1, 2 or 3 years), regional travelcard, FVP, Track 7, inter-regional travelcard).
The following services are included in the price:
- The transport.
- Transport insurance (maximum coverage amount CHF 2000 for standard bikes, CHF 4000 for special bikes).
- Loading, unloading and transfer by railway staff.
- Protective cover, may be retained free of charge. Otherwise please hand it back to SBB and we will reuse it.
Price, product and timetable specifications subject to modifications.