Check-in at the railstation.
Now you can check in your luggage at the railstation the day before your flight. And you'll be given your boarding pass with your requested seat straight away.
Changes to the check-in service from 13 December 2015.
From the timetable change on 13 December 2015, you will now be able to have your flight baggage collected from home and checked in, and you also receive it back at home again after the journey for flights with Swiss, Edelweiss and the Air Berlin Group (Airberlin, Belair and Niki). You can of course continue to hand it in at the station, but from fewer stations and only if you are flying with Swiss or Edelweiss from Zurich or Geneva.
You can check in your baggage by 7 p.m. at the latest on the evening before your flight (please note the local opening hours). For flights after 4 p.m., you can hand it in on the same day for an additional charge of CHF 30. You will find the list of stations here, where you can check in your baggage.
Guests of other airline companies can also have their baggage delivered conveniently to the SBB airport desks at Zurich and Geneva airports from these stations or from home without check-in. You can find out further information on the new baggage services before the timetable change on 13 December 2015.
Check-in at the railstation.
Check in your luggage the day before takeoff at the railway station. At the same time, you’ll also receive your boarding card complete with seat assignment. This gives you more time on the day of departure. And ensures a more leisurely start to your trip – without having to haul your bags to the airport or wait at the check-in counter.
- SWISS, Lufthansa, selected scheduled airlines and various charter airlines from Zurich, Geneva and Bern.
- For scheduled flights, as a rule max. 24 hours before take-off.
- For charter flights, please ask at the station luggage counter.
- Flight ticket of each traveller with OK booking signature or electronic ticketing number.
- Passport, if required with visa.
- Conventional luggage up to 32 kg.
- If the luggage exceeds the amounts listed in the flight ticket, you’ll receive your boarding card at the airport after paying the excess luggage fee.
- Fragile, valuable and perishable items should not be checked in.
- Animals, firearms, ammunitions and Bulky items such as bicycles, surfboards, luggage items over 32 kg, etc. may not be checked in at the railway station.
- For safety reasons these articles are prohibited from being carried in either your checked luggage or in your carry-on luggage.
|Check-in with boarding card and luggage registration per luggage item||CHF 22
If check-in at the railstation is not available for your flight, we can speed up the transport of your luggage to the airport Zurich and Geneva for CHF 22. You pick it up at the SBB counter and check it in yourself, saving you from having to haul the bags. This service is available at all check-in railway stations as well as at a number of tourist destinations.