You pack your suitcases and we do the rest, with our new door-to-door luggage service for Switzerland. Why not make use of it? Let us take the strain - literally - when you set off on your holidays.
We collect your luggage from your home, take it to your destination and bring it right to your door in your hotel, apartment or holiday home. We will collect luggage from any Swiss or Liechtenstein postal address and bring it to your holiday address in Switzerland or Liechtenstein on the following day. Let us know by 12.00 noon on the day before collection.
Place a door-to-door order online, at any staffed ticket counter or by calling 0900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. from the Swiss fixed-line network).
If you are spending your holidays in car free resort we can only deliver your luggage in the time slots from 12-6 pm and 6-11 pm. Please make sure you can be reached by telephone at the agreed delivery time. Thank you.
The door-to-door luggage will be transported expertly and reliably by our external partner “AKS Autokurier-Service”.
We will transport luggage such as suitcases and bags up to 25 kilograms. We can also deliver sports equipment such as skis, snowboards, sledges and bicycles from your front door straight to your holiday home.
Bicycles, skis, snowboards and ski boots must be packed appropriately. You can pack them in your own protective bags or order the corresponding protective covers free of charge when you book online.
Each item of luggage must be labelled with your name, home address and telephone number.
In the event of loss or damage SBB will be liable for a proven loss (to be demonstrated with original receipts) up to the sum of CHF 2,000 per item of luggage (fair value). This also applies to sports equipment.
We will transport your luggage from Monday to Sunday 365 days a year (including public holidays). Three time windows are available for personal collection and delivery of your luggage:
- 7 a.m.–12 noon (not available at car-free locations)
- 12 noon–6 p.m.
- 6 p.m.–11 p.m.
We will call you the day before collection (for both your outward and your return journey) to provide you with a narrower two-hour time window for collection and delivery.
Item(s) of luggage
|Price in CHF
Alle wichtigen Informationen zum Tür-zu-Tür-Gepäck auf einen Blick.
- Where can I book the door-to-door luggage service?
- When is the earliest possible time for booking the door-to-door luggage service?
- When is the latest possible time for booking the door-to-door luggage service?
- How much does the door-to-door luggage service cost?
- Does the price apply to a single trip or to the return trip?
- What is the price for 11 or more items of luggage?
Collection and delivery.
- Who collects my luggage, who transports it, and who delivers it?
- Where can I have my luggage collected?
- Where can I have my luggage delivered to?
- Which items of luggage can I have sent?
- How heavy can an item of luggage be?
- What are the maximum dimensions for an item of luggage?
- Which items cannot be sent?
- How must the luggage be labelled?
- Must sports equipment be packed for dispatch?
- When can I have the luggage collected and delivered?
- How can I find out the exact collection time?
- Can I choose the collection or delivery time?
- What are the bookable time windows for collection/delivery (Mon–Sun)?
- What can I do if I am not at home at the collection or delivery time?
- Can I hand in my luggage at the station myself (instead of having it collected at my home) and have it delivered to my holiday home?
- What should I do if I want to hand over an extra item of luggage when the collection takes place?
- What should I do if I want to change my return journey date or delivery address?
- Can I cancel my door-to-door luggage order?
- How should I pack my luggage?
- What is the delivery time?
- How will I be contacted in the event of a delay?
- Is my luggage insured against delay or damage?
- What should I do in the event of damage?
- What should I do in the event of a delay?
- How can I submit a complaint for damage or late delivery?
You can book the door-to-door luggage service online at www.sbb.ch/luggage.You can also request the door-to-door luggage service with your ticket at all staffed stations in Switzerland or by telephone from the Rail Service on 0900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. from a Swiss landline number).
You can book the door-to-door luggage service up to 2 months in advance.
A door-to-door luggage order must be entered one day before collection by no later than 12 noon. The luggage will be delivered to the specified postal address one day after collection.
- 1 item of luggage CHF 48
- 2 items of luggage CHF 78
- 3–5 items of luggage CHF 98
- 6–10 items of luggage CHF 128
The prices are valid if all items of luggage are booked at the same time. Any subsequent items of luggage will be considered to be a new booking.
All prices apply to a single trip. However, you can also book an outbound and homeward trip.
The price for e.g. 11 items of luggage comprises the price for 6–10 items of luggage plus a single item of luggage, i.e. a total of CHF 176.
Collection and delivery.
The luggage is transported on behalf of SBB by Autokurier-Service (hereinafter referred to as AKS). Contractual partners of AKS are engaged in car-free regions for delivery and collection.
At all postal addresses in Switzerland and Liechtenstein. These can be private addresses, hotels, holiday homes or business addresses. Please note that collection abroad and at stations is not possible.
To all postal addresses in Switzerland and Liechtenstein. These can be private addresses, hotels, holiday homes or business addresses. Please note that delivery abroad or to a station is not possible.
Luggage includes objects for personal use or needed for a trip or excursion (e.g. bags, suitcases, sacks, skis, snowboards, sledges, bobsleighs, bicycles, electric bikes, bicycle trailers and prams).
The maximum weight for an item of luggage is 25 kg.
The maximum dimensions are 1.2 × 0.8 × 1.0 m (excl. sports equipment). Individual items of luggage must not be tied together.
- Items that are forbidden for reasons of public order or which are prohibited by law, such as: loaded firearms; toxic, radioactive and corrosive substances or items; substances or objects with a flammable effect or which are flammable; substances that are potentially contagious or noxious, live animals.
- Commercial goods
- Items subject to a particular risk of damage, e.g. televisions, computers, laptops, furniture, cameras and mobile phones
- Tandems, recumbent bicycles, tricycles
- Precious metals, jewellery, watches, precious stones, cash, securities, chequebooks and official ID documents
- Fragile objects, works of art, antiques
- Perishable food, plants
- Crates, moving boxes, containers
Each item of luggage must be labelled with your name, address and telephone number. Luggage labels can be downloaded online from www.sbb.ch/luggage. You can also obtain luggage labels at any station counter.
Bicycles, skis, snowboards and ski boots must be packed appropriately. You can order the necessary packaging online. The AKS driver will bring the packaging on the collection day and will hand it over to you free of charge. You can also obtain the necessary packaging free of charge at a station if needed.
There are various packing options for skis, snowboards, ski boots and bicycles. Please note that the covers we provide are intended for one item only (e.g. 1 pair of ski boots or 1 pair of skis). You may naturally use your own ski or boot bags.
Collection and delivery takes place from Monday to Sunday, including public holidays. If you place the order by 12 noon the item will be collected the next day. When placing the order you should indicate a time window of up to four hours between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. for both collection and delivery.
The forwarder, AKS, will contact you one day before collection. AKS will then suggest a shorter time window of 2 hours within the window you specified and will discuss the details of the collection and delivery with you.
You can tell the forwarder AKS about your preferred time window when they call the day before collection. They will tell you directly whether or not they can comply with your request.
You can choose between three times when booking:
Mornings from 7 a.m. to 12 noon
Afternoons from 12 noon to 6 p.m.
Evenings from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
When you talk to AKS one day before the collection you have the option of arranging a non-personal collection or delivery with AKS or having a third person (e.g. hotel reception) hand over/collect your item. You are responsible for the deposited items of luggage. SBB and AKS do not accept any responsibility for the loss of deposited items of luggage.
Door-to-door luggage cannot be handed in or collected at the station. The service is offered only as a "collection plus delivery" combination, without the option of handing in or collective luggage at a station.
Unfortunately this is not possible. An order can only be changed up to 12 noon on the day before the collection.
You can make changes up to 12 noon on the day before the collection. Changes can be made via the Rail Service on 0900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. from a Swiss landline number) or at the station.
Cancellations are possible via the Rail Service on 0900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. from a Swiss landline number) or at the station. Cancellations are accepted free of charge up to 12 noon on the day before the collection. In the event of a cancellation after 12 noon on the day before the collection a fee of up to 100% of the price will be charged.
Your suitcase should be firmly closed, and bags should ideally be locked with a small padlock. Please attach address tags to all items of luggage with your name, address and telephone number. Each special item, e.g. skis and bicycles, must be packed appropriately.
You can order the necessary packaging online free of charge if needed. The forwarder AKS will bring the packaging on the collection day. You can also obtain packing covers free of charge at the station (only one cover will be provided for each item of luggage).
Delivery times are the same for Switzerland and Liechtenstein: Collection between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. – delivery the next day between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. It is also possible to have luggage delivered up to 3 days later.
If AKS is unable to carry out the collection or delivery within the agreed time window, AKS will contact you as soon as possible. This may take place up to max. 30 minutes before the end of the agreed time window.
- In the event of late delivery SBB is liable for any proven loss (a receipt is required) for up to CHF 200 per item of luggage and for each 24-hour period after the delivery time, up to a maximum of 14 days (maximum liability up to CHF 2,000, i.e. equivalent to total loss). Compensation for late delivery will not be paid if compensation is paid for total loss.
- In the event of loss or damage SBB will be liable for a proven loss (to be demonstrated with a receipt) up to the sum of CHF 2,000 per item of luggage (fair value). This also applies to sports equipment.
- In the event of damage to skis, ski boots, snowboards or bicycles SBB will only be liable if these items were packed properly. Only one item may be packed in the official SBB protective covers.
- No liability will be accepted for subsequent damage.
If you notice damage when taking delivery of an item of luggage please ask the forwarder AKS to record the facts immediately. The record of the facts must indicate the cause, the circumstances and the extent of the damage.
If you only notice after delivery that an item of luggage has been damaged, report the damage within three working days to SBB (address: SBB AG, Customer Service, Wylerstrasse 123/125, 3000 Berne 65). No claims will be accepted after this period.
If a demonstrable loss arises from late delivery, please obtain a record of the facts from AKS when the luggage is delivered. The record of the facts must indicate the cause, the circumstances and the extent of the damage.
If you notice damage when taking delivery of an item of luggage please ask the forwarder AKS to record the facts immediately. The record of the facts must indicate the cause, the circumstances and the extent of the damage. If you notice the delay or damage only after the luggage has been delivered to your home please report the facts in writing within three working days (SBB AG, Customer Service, Wylerstrasse 123/125, 3000 Berne 65). No claims will be accepted after this period.