Western Union “Mobile Money Transfers” – as fast and simple as a text message.
With the new “Mobile Money Transfers” service, you can transfer money directly using a mobile phone to to Bangladesh, El Salvador, Guatemala, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Nepal, Paraguay, Philippines, Tanzania, Uganda and Vietnam – quickly, conveniently and reliably.
Your receiver can use the transferred credit to pay bills, top up their telephone credit or buy goods and services, or they can also obtain cash at a Western Union agent location. This service is being extended to other countries on an ongoing basis.
How does “Mobile Money Transfers” work?
- The prerequisite for using this service is that the receiver registers with their mobile phone provider for a mobile wallet, a so-called “m-wallet”.
- Transfer your money at one of the 180 SBB stations with this Western Union service.
- To make a transfer, you will require valid identification as well as your own and your receiver’s mobile numbers.
- The standard charges from Western Union apply. There are no additional costs.
- The maximum transfer amount per transmission is CHF 500.
- The amount is available to the receiver just a few minutes after making the transfer.