RailAway App offers:
- Search of leisure time offers by region
- Search for nearby leisure time offers (GPS Support)
- Favourites list
- Latest leisure time offers every month
- Individual passengers
- Group trips
- From the 1st of every month you will find the latest RailAway leisure time offers.
- A different key topic every month.
- Leisure time offers are available with discounts up to 50% (top offer) or up to 30%.
Search for leisure time offers.
- This function enables a search of leisure time offers by 13 regions or topics.
- Regions: Basel (region), Bernese Oberland, Fribourg (region), Lake Geneva region / Vaud, Graubünden, Jura / Neuchâtel, Mittelland, Eastern Switzerland, Ticino, Valais, Central Switzerland, Zurich (region) and Europe.
- Topics: Snow’n’Rail & snow, Rail adventures, Families, Bathing & wellness, Fun & games, Lakes & rivers, Countryside & zoos, Art & knowledge, Mountain & views, Shopping & markets, Walking, Hotels, Fairs, Art and museums, Shows and musicals, Concerts, Parties, Open airs and festivals, Sports events, Folk festivals and culinary events.
- Option available to exclude weather-dependent leisure time offers good weather, in all kinds of weather or both.
Leisure time offers in the vicinity.
- Using GPS support (your location is identified by the smartphone) request a search for nearby leisure time offers.
- The results are presented as red pins on a map and your own location is marked with a blue pin.
- The results can also be viewed in list format.
Save / manage leisure time offer favourites.
- Every leisure time offer can be saved in a personal favourites list.
- Offers that have been discontinued are marked with the message «no longer available».
- Any individual entry may be deleted.
The RailAway Leisure Time App iis available from the iTunes App Store and the Google Play Store free of charge. Your only cost is the charges applied by your mobile phone provider for data transmission when downloading the application and querying the leisure time offers and maps.
Tips & Tricks
System / technical requirements.
- The product runs on the iPod touch, and the iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S or 5, if software at version 4.3 or above is installed.
- The product runs on all Android smartphones that have the Android operating system 2.2 (“Froyo”) or higher. Depending on the hardware, some of the features may be unavailable. Tablets are supported as far as possible.
- Automatic updating as soon as updates are available.
The following authorisations are required for installation:
- modify or delete the contents of your USB storage(to cache images.
- approximate (network-based) location (to determine your location through networks).
- precise (GPS) location (to determine your precise location through GPS).
- full internet access (to download updates).
- view network status / WiFi status (to check whether data can be loaded from the internet).
Support / information.
The product supports the languages English, German, French and Italian. You can select the language in the general language settings of your smartphone device. If a language other than German, French, Italian or English is selected, the product presents all texts and descriptions according to the language-mapping table. This is generally English.
We offer you further support if you have questions regarding usage.
- Complete the contact form. This support is free and no registration is required.
- On working days you will receive a response within 24 hours.
You can buy individual leisure time offers at most railway stations in Switzerland, online at sbb.ch/en/leisure-shop (not possible with smartphones) or by telephone from the Rail Service, 0900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. from the Swiss fixed-line network), and some offers are available in Ticket Shop or at ticket machines. Reservation is mandatory for some of the offers. Please take note of the current validity of offers.
RailAway combined tickets are not always available in the vicinity of the relevant destination.
Liability / insurance.
According to the legal provisions, licensed transport companies are liable for damages associated with their operations. They cannot assume any further liability. RailAway acts as an intermediary only. Insurance is a matter for the participant.
We retain the right to make changes (prices, details, etc.).