SBB Mobile (Android).
SBB Mobile offers:
- Door-to-door travel information
- Real-time information in the event of an incident
- Push notifications for delays and platform changes
- “Take me Home” function with GPS support
- Calendar import of timetable connections
- Buy and display tickets for public transport services
- Ticket payment via credit card and PostFinance Card
You can download SBB Mobile onto your smartphone free of charge in the Google Play Store.
To buy tickets, register in the "Tickets" menu under "Not yet registered".
Tip: Your login for the SBB Ticket Shop is also valid for your Android smartphone. If you do not have a login, simply register on your PC or directly in the SBB Mobile app (PostFinance Card only for Android software version 2.3 and above).
|Download of the Mobile application||approx. 5.3 MB|
|Travel timetable update||approx. 2 – 10 KB|
|Map (per zoom-level/scale change) loading||approx. 100 KB|
|Real-time information enquiries||approx. 0.2 – 3 KB|
|News, RSS Feed update||approx. 0.2 – 3 KB|
- Direct online enquiries using the Android smartphone
- Enter stations/stops, addresses and landmarks
- Retrieve start/destination from Contacts
- Calendar import of timetable connections
- Urban, national and international timetables (as per SBB online timetable)
- Real-time information in the event of an incident (delays, alternative connections, cancellations, platform alterations, rail traffic information, strikes and occupancy display)
- Intermediate stop display (route information)
- Start/destination can be viewed in Google Maps
- GPS support (search for nearby stations/stops)
- “Take me Home” function
- Set up push notification subscriptions for certain connections (delays, platform changes)
All the information you need, even when you’re on the move: up-to-date arrival and departure times, platform alterations, etc. are available in real time throughout your journey.
You can set up push notification subscriptions for your connections (max. 20) - push notifications will keep you up to date as per your settings for advance warning times and delay minutes.
Correct to the address.
You can create your route enquiries using an extendable adaptive favourites list that recognises individual addresses and points of interest as well as stations (approx. 28’000) and stops (approx 6’000).
Are you unfamiliar with your departure point or destination? Find your current position and the nearest station or stop using Bing Maps and then transfer this to your route enquiry. Or use the “Take me Home” function: SBB Mobile can get you home from any point in Switzerland in the best possible way using GPS support.
(optional – requires registration with the SBB Ticket Shop)
Purchase and display of tickets.
- Buy via the timetable
- Purchase by entering the starting point and destination
- Use your favourites list to quickly buy tickets you have purchased before
- If you are not making the return journey on the same day, please buy a single ticket for each day
- Display the tickets: Menu “Tickets” “Display tickets”
Tip: Quick ticket display: Open the program, shake the Android smartphone and the last ticket will be displayed straight away.
You can pay for MobileTickets using the following credit cards:
- PostFinance Card
- (not possible to pay by invoice or with an EC Card)
The following range of tickets is available from the SBB Mobile Shop:
- Standard tickets Switzerland
- Class upgrade (on specific route)
- 1-day travelpass (with Half-Fare travelcard)
- Class upgrade for a day for GA or travelpass
- 1-day travelpass valid from 9 a.m. (with Half-Fare travelcard)
- Class upgrade for a day from 9 a.m.
- 1-day travelpass for children
- City-City ticket
- Day pass full fare for bicycle
- Day pass reduced fare for bicycle
- 1-day travelpass for dogs
|Zürcher Verkehrsverbund||Single ticket/day pass, 9 o’clock day pass, class upgrade, zone upgrade, supplement night network, ZürichCARD 24 hours, ZürichCARD 72 hours, Individual ticket/Day Pass city network Zürich (Zone 10), Individual ticket/Day Pass city network Winterthur (Zone 20)
|Ostwind (St. Gallen, Appenzell, Thurgau)||Single ticket, day pass, day pass PLUS, extension ticket, single ticket Frauenfeld, class upgrade, supplement night network|
|A-Welle (Aargau)||Single ticket, day pass, 9 o'clock day pass, supplement night network, class upgrade, extension ticket|
|Libero (Bern, Solothurn)||Single ticket, day pass, class upgrade, extension ticket
|Passepartout (Luzern, Obwalden, Nidwalden)||Single ticket, day pass, class upgrade, supplement night network
|Mobilis (Vaud)||Single ticket, class upgrade, zone upgrade, day pass, supplement night network Pyjama|
|Tarifverbund Nordwestschweiz||Single ticket, day pass, centre day pass, special ticket, class upgrade|
|unireso (Genève)||Single ticket, day pass, day pass from 9 o'clock, class upgrade|
|Onde Verte (Neuchâtel)||Single ticket, 24 hours card, class upgrade, extension ticket,
|Tarifverbund Zug||Single ticket, day pass, class upgrade, Schwyz and Zug Tariff Community combined day pass, supplement night network|
|Frimobil (Fribourg/Freiburg)||Single ticket, day pass, class upgrade, extension ticket|
|Tarifverbund Schwyz||Single ticket, day pass, class upgrade, Schwyz and Zug Tariff Community combined day pass, supplement night network
|Tarifverbund Berner Oberland||Single ticket Bödeli, day pass Bödeli|
|FlexTax (Schaffhausen)||Single ticket, day pass, class upgrade, extension ticket, supplement night network|
NB: The range of tickets available is regularly expanded.
- The connections or purchased tickets displayed may be saved as favourites and then simply renewed.
- All timetable enquiries and ticket purchases may be viewed in the history list
- RSS feeds (rail traffic information, SBB media releases)
- Languages: English, German, French and Italian
- Automatic updates as soon as these are available
SBB Mobile is compatible with all Android devices that have an operating system 2.1 or above. In addition, the Android device must have a GPS module.
SBB Mobile is available free of charge from the Android Market. All you pay are the data transmission costs charged by your mobile network provider when downloading the application and when calling up timetables.