We offer a range of additional services relating to the GA travelcard. If you don't need it for a while, you can deposit it at a ticket counter. If you lose your GA travelcard, or have left it somewhere – all is not lost.
Changing to the GA travelcard.
If you decide to purchase a GA travelcard, you will receive a pro rata refund for travelcards that you no longer require. Take your original plastic GA travelcard as well as your existing travelcard (Half-Fare or regional travelcard, point-to-point travelpass or Track 7) to a staffed public transport point of sale and you will be given a credit note.
Depositing your GA travelcard.
If you don’t need your GA travelcard for a specific period, you can deposit it at a ticket counter for a minimum of 7 consecutive days and a maximum total of 30 days during its period of validity. The days of depositing and reclaiming it are not counted. On these days you can use the deposit card as a ticket, which you will receive as a temporary replacement for your GA travelcard.
How it works:
- Take your GA travelcard to a ticket counter.
- You pay a fee of CHF 10 for each deposit.
- You receive a deposit card as proof of depositing, which you can use as a ticket for up to 3 days before and up to 3 days after the depositing dates.
- Upon collection at the station, show your deposit card and you will receive a credit in the form of a voucher for train services of any type for the days it has been deposited.
Is your ticket counter closed? You may use your deposit card 3 days before and 3 days after the deposit dates. The end of the deposit period is the day of validity of the deposit card.
- The Familia GA travelcard for children, the Familia GA travelcard for young adults and the GA travelcard for dogs are not included in the depositing service.
- We regret that it is not possible to make deposits in retrospect or to deposit replacement GA travelcards.
- For cross-border offers originating in Switzerland, you must show your original plastic card or provisional travelcard in order to obtain your reduction. If your GA has been deposited, you cannot benefit from the discount.
- With the GA travelcard by subscription, you will continue to receive invoices during the deposit period. To receive the corresponding credit on the next invoice, please send your voucher to the GA-Service Center by registered mail.
Replacement of your GA travelcard.
If your travelcard is lost or damaged, simply present valid proof of your identity at the nearest ticket office and we will replace it for a fee of CHF 30. You will get a provisional GA travelcard to use until you receive the replacement card. We will post the new card to you within a few days. You cannot deposit the replacement GA travelcard, and we are unable to make a refund for early termination.
Forgotten your GA travelcard?
If you have left your travelcard at your home or office, any station can issue a temporary 1-day travelcard against proof of identity and a fee of CHF 5.
Cancelling your GA travelcard.
You may cancel your GA travelcard 4 months after its first day of validity. To cancel, please send your original travelcard and any replacement travelcards by registered mail to: SBB Contact Center, GA-Service-Center, P.O. Box, 3900 Brig.
The cancellation will be effective from of the date of the postmark on the registered letter.
Refunding your GA travelcard.
If you no longer require your annual GA travelcard, you can return it. There is a charge of 23 percent of the purchase price for the first month of validity and seven percent for any additional month.
Insuring your GA travelcard.
Prices and product specifications subject to modifications.