Compensation for delays.
On this page, we answer the question of what compensation you are entitled to in the event of a delay in Switzerland and Europe. Passenger rights provide the legal foundations for this.
Delays in Switzerland: national passenger rights.
Delays when travelling to Europe: international passenger rights.
Here you can find an overview of the most important laws and regulations which underlie national and international passenger rights.
- The Swiss Federal Law on Public Transport (German)Link opens in new window.
- The Swiss Ordinance on Public Transport (German)Link opens in new window.
- Fare conditions for all Swiss public transport companies (German)
- Uniform Rules concerning the Contract for International Carriage of Passengers by Rail (CIV)Link opens in new window.
- General Conditions of Carriage for Rail Passengers (GCC-CIV/PRR) (PDF, 240 KB)Link opens in new window. (PDF, 240 KB)This document is not barrier-free.
- SBB Special Conditions of Carriage for International Travel (BBB-SBB)