Help with ticket refunds.
All you need to know about refunds for unused or partially used tickets bought on SBB.ch or in the SBB Mobile app. Tickets purchased at the ticket counter or ticket machine can only be refunded at a staffed station.
Tickets for Switzerland purchased via SBB Mobile or on SBB.ch.
National tickets which you purchased at the standard price while logged into the SBB Mobile app or SBB.ch can be refunded or exchanged for free BEFORE the start of validity.
National saver products (supersaver tickets, Saver Day Passes, Supersaver Class Upgrades) that you purchase in the SBB Mobile app or on SBB.ch while logged in can be refunded/exchanged free of charge within 30 minutes of the time of purchase.
SBB Mobile / SBB Preview: how can I get a refund for the ticket I bought in the app while logged in?
Here’s how it works:
- Navigate to “Tickets & SwissPass”.
- Select the ticket you would like to have refunded.
- Select the menu item (circle with three dots) and choose “Refund ticket”.
- Check the settings and have the ticket refunded.
SBB.ch: how can I get a refund for the ticket I bought online while logged in?
Here’s how it works:
Open the Orders section in your profile
- Click on the ticket you would like to have refunded.
- Click on the “Refund” button to switch to the refund overview.
- The details can be checked again at this point.
- Click on “Refund” to issue the refund.
- BEFORE the start of validity, you can have standard-price tickets refunded/exchanged without a fee.
- For refunds AFTER the start of validity, a fee of CHF 10 will be retained for each claim (in line with T600.9, section 1.4Link opens in new window.).
- You will also receive a refund confirmation by e-mail.
- The amount will be credited to the payment method used for purchase.
- You can view your refund in your profile at any time.
- Special provisions apply to saver offers (supersaver tickets/Saver Day Passes).
- Seat reservations and bike space reservations cannot be exchanged or refunded.
How can I get a refund for tickets purchased while not logged in?
Did you buy your ticket as a guest as you don’t have a profile? Then use the refund form to claim a refund for your ticket.Go to the refund form
Tickets for Switzerland purchased at an SBB ticket machine or an SBB ticket counter.
You can only get refunds for tickets purchased at the counter or ticket machine at a staffed station.