The IC bus.
The IC bus travels directly from Zurich to Munich, supplementing existing trains so that you benefit from additional services. This means you can travel to Munich every two hours, on either the EuroCity train or the IC bus.
You need a standard-fare or supersaver ticket to travel on the IC bus. Information on the range of tickets available and on prices, reservations and terms and conditions can be found on our Germany webpages under International tickets: Germany.
- 5-6 IC bus services a day from Zurich to Munich and back.
Facilities on the IC buses.
- Generous leg room.
- Toilet and air conditioning.
- Power sockets by every pair of seats.
- Free WiFi on the route through Germany.
- Snacks and drinks from a vending machine.
- Wheelchair space.
- Space for luggage.
- Each person is allowed up to two items of luggage (70 x 50 x 30 cm).
- Passengers are permitted to bring foldable pushchairs on board as long as there is enough storage space.
- Bulky items such as skis/snowboards are not permitted.
Note for passengers travelling with children.
- Children under four must travel in a car seat on the IC bus.
- You must bring your own age-appropriate car or booster seat.
- Lap belts are available on the IC bus to help fasten car seats in place. The bus cannot accommodate car seats that use three-point belts.