Montreux enjoys a protected position between the lake and the mountains, which ensures a mild and pleasant microclimate throughout the year. Visitors particularly enjoy the flower-lined quays, the view of the lake and the Alps, and the charming Belle Epoque architecture. These features have attracted a number of famous personalities, including Freddie Mercury.
Train des Rochers-de-Naye.
A picturesque rack-railway train will take you to an altitude of 2000 metres in 45 minutes, from where you can enjoy unforgettable views of Lake Geneva and the Alps. The exceptional location of Rochers-de-Naye offers a number of attractions including a magnificent Alpine garden, parks containing marmot colonies and authentic Mongolian and Love yurts where you can spend a night to remember 2000 m. Great value packages are not valid, so you will need to purchase an additional ticket.
- Guided visit.
- Chauderon gorges.
- Quayside along the lake shore.
- Seven kilometres of flower-lined quays that also feature plant sculptures and various works of art.
In the upper part of Montreux, featuring old winemakers’ houses, cobbled back streets and craftsmen.
Queen – The Studio Experience.
Opened in December 2013, this former recording studio presents the story of the group Queen and its lead singer Freddie Mercury. Free entry.
The Casino Barrière allows visitors to escape to a world of fun on the shores of Lake Geneva.
Monday–Sunday from 10h.
On the quayside Under the covered market. Friday 8h–13h
Coup de cœur near the train station: Montreux Jazz Café.
Pulsating to the rhythm of the greatest concerts of the past that are screened constantly, the Montreux Jazz Café reflects the exhilarating atmosphere of the Montreux jazz Festival, from its flat plates to its décor.
- www.montreuxjazzcafe.comLink opens in new window.
- MP’S Bar & Grill, Fairmont le Montreux Palace (13 points Gault & Millau) www.fairmont.com/montreuxLink opens in new window.
- Le 45 - Suisse Majestic, www.suisse-majestic.comLink opens in new window.
- Palais Oriental, www.palaisoriental.chLink opens in new window.
- Sushi Chez Lin, www.sushi-chezlin.chLink opens in new window.
- Les 4 Saisons, www.les4saisonsmontreux.comLink opens in new window.
- Le Molino, www.molino.chLink opens in new window.
- Au Parc, www.au-parc.comLink opens in new window.
- Restaurant du Pont, www.restaurant-montreux.comLink opens in new window.
- Le Museum, www.museum-montreux.chLink opens in new window.
- La Rouvenaz, www.rouvenaz.chLink opens in new window.
- Zürcher Confiserie-Pâtisserie, www.confiserie-zurcher.chLink opens in new window.
I Point on the lake shore next to the landing pier, Place de l’Eurovision.