Claim for compensation for delay.
Dear customerLink opens in new window.
We apologise for the delay and for any inconvenience it may have caused you.
Carriers in the European Union, Norway and Switzerland offer compensation for delays under the General Conditions of Carriage (GCC-CIV/PRR). International travel is subject to the «General Conditions of Carriage for Rail Passengers» (GCC-CIV/PRR) and for Switzerland see the «Special Carriage and Tariff Conditions of SBB» (STC-SBB), www.sbb.ch/en/passenger-rights.
How much compensation will I receive?
- 25% of the fare for delays of 60 minutes or more
- 50% of the fare for delays of 120 minutes or more
(including reservation and supplementary charges but excluding service charges), provided the fare is at least CHF 24 or EUR 16 (60 minutes delay) or CHF 12 or EUR 8 (120 minutes delay). The criteria for the minimum fare and the compensation are based on the fare for a single journey on the train(s) in question.
How will I receive this compensation?
- Step 1: Fill out this form and enclose the original ticket(s) and the reservation ticket(s).
- Step 2: If you did not have a reservation, ask train, sales point or customer service staff to provide you with a confirmation of delay.
- Step 3: Send the form to the issuing point or, if appropriate, to a carrier who took part in providing transport within two months of your journey. The issuing undertaking and the carriers taking part in providing transport are shown in code on your ticket. The names and addresses of the carriers may be decoded from the details shown on www.cit-rail.orgLink opens in new window. and www.railpassenger.infoLink opens in new window..
Holders of Eurail or InterRail Passes please contact Eurail Group G.I.E., www.eurailgroup.org/compensationLink opens in new window..
After checking the details of your claim, the issuing undertaking will then send you a voucher, which you can use to buy further tickets from the same undertaking or on request will pay the compensation in form of money.
Where can I get more information?
Further questions may be addressed to the train staff or to the appropriate customer service. Addresses of the transport undertakings may be found on the www.cit-rail.orgLink opens in new window. or www.railpassenger.infoLink opens in new window. websites. The customer services will also be able to provide them.
SBB (Swiss Federal Railways)
When you sign in with your SwissPass login, your contact details will be inserted automatically.