General display board.
The general display board at the station helps you to find out which train is leaving where and at what time. It also provides you with important information in the event of an incident or disruption.
Popular as a meeting point, eye-catching and informative: our general display boards can be found at many stations in central locations such as in the middle of the main concourse at Zurich main station.
The general display boards give you an overview of the next departures from the respective stations.
The following information is displayed:
- The type of train (e.g. IC61, RE, S3, EC).
- The departure time (e.g. 14.02 [time]).
- The destination station (e.g. Lucerne).
- The most important stops along the route (known as “vias”, e.g. Thalwil on the Zurich–Lucerne route).
- The track, sometimes with details of the section where your train stops at the platform (e.g. 12 AB).
In the event of a disruption or incident, you will also find the following information on the general display board:
- The actual delay (e.g. approx. 6 min. late, cancelled).
- Any alternative connections (e.g. other route, replacement train, replacement bus).