The loudspeakers at the stations inform you about long-distance train arrivals. In the event of an incident or disruption, we will also inform you about the current status of your train.
We announce the arrivals of long-distance trains (InterRegio, InterCity and international trains) via the loudspeakers. We provide you with the following information:
- The track the train is arriving on (e.g. track 3).
- The type of train (e.g. IC 8, IR 35, EC).
- The destination (e.g. Zurich main station).
- The most important stops along the route (known as “vias”, e.g. Olten on the Bern–Zurich route).
- The departure time (e.g. 16:02)
- The 1st and 2nd class sections and the dining car (e.g. 1st class: section A and B).
A full announcement may say:
“Track 3, arrival of InterCity 81 to Olten, Zurich Altstetten, Zurich main station, departure 8:38. 1st class: section B, 2nd class: sections C and D.”
In the event of a disruption or incident, we will also inform you of the following details over the loudspeakers:
- The type of incident (e.g. delay, technical fault on the vehicle, storm damage).
- The actual delay (e.g. approx. 6 min. late, cancelled).
- Any alternative connections (e.g. other route, replacement train, replacement bus).