Platform display board.
You will find platform display boards at most stations suspended directly above the platform. They provide you with important information about departures of the next train.
The following information is displayed:
- The type of train (e.g. IC61, RE, S3, EC).
- The departure time (e.g. 14:02).
- The destination station (e.g. Lucerne).
- The most important stops along the route (known as “vias”, e.g. Thalwil on the Zurich–Lucerne route).
In addition, we inform you about the section on the platform where you have to wait so as to board your wagon directly. The following information about the train is displayed:
- Your current position on the platform.
- Train information (1st and 2nd class) and travel direction.
- Low-floor boarding (ground-level access).
- Bicycle compartments (if available).
- Wheelchair compartments (if available).
- Restaurant/bistro (if available).
- For dividing trains (one train, two destinations), which part of the train travels to which destination.
In the event of a delay or incident, you will also find the following information on the platform display boards:
- The actual delay (e.g. approx. 6 min. late, cancelled).
- Any alternative connections (e.g. other route, replacement train, replacement bus).