Restrictions on rail catering.
Although most Corona measures have been lifted in Switzerland, some of the following restrictions still exist in our neighbouring countries.
- On international rail services, SBB Restaurants are open on the Swiss section of the route.
- On the following routes to Germany the 2G rule (vaccinated or recovered) applies:
- EC 6: Interlaken East–Osnabrück
- EC 7: Osnabrück–Interlaken East
- EC 8: Zurich–Hamburg
- EC 9: Hamburg–Zurich
- SBB restaurants are open on the Zurich–Munich route. In compliance with the legislation of Austria and the Free State of Bavaria, we are only allowed to offer a seat in our restaurants to recovered and vaccinated guests in Austria and Bavaria.
- In Italy, the SBB restaurants are closed. Our dishes are available as take-away as well as in-seat service on the Italian section.
- The opening of catering services on further routes in our neighbouring countries will be coordinated with and checked against the guidelines in the respective country.