Enjoy stress-free journeys, including to other countries. The SBB Call Center Handicap can arrange for assistance in boarding and alighting from trains at a large number of European stations. Simply give them a call at least 48 hours before your train is due to depart.
Book your boarding and alighting assistance abroad.
- Buy your tickets and reserve your seats at an SBB ticket counter or by calling our Rail Service on 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.).
- Call the SBB Call Center Handicap on the freephone number 0800 007 102 (+41 51 225 78 44 from abroad) at least 48 hours before your departure.
- Book your boarding and alighting assistance using the seat and coach number on your reservation. Seat reservations are usually mandatory for journeys abroad.
- At the bottom of this page you will find a table called “Important information”,where you can find the arrival time at the meeting point.
Discounts on international rail services:
- Anyone who has a Disabled Passenger’s ID Card can travel with a companion or guide dog on international rail services for free (TCV 710 fare conditions). In order to benefit from the discount, tickets must be purchased in the country that issued the ID card.
How do you get hold of this discount?
- Show your “Disabled Passenger’s ID Card” at an SBB counter.
- Buy your own ticket. You will also receive a “free international ticket” for routes starting from a Swiss station (100% discount for the “companion” or “guide dog”).
- You must always be accompanied by your travelling companion or guide dog.
Where is the discount valid?
- The discount is only valid for direct international tickets (Switzerland – another country).
- The “Swiss” ID card is not valid for internal services, for example Germany or France.
- Some transport companies use market prices: no discount is given on these services.
The prices and discounts are defined directly by the respective transport companies.
If you would like more information, call our Rail Service on 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.) or visit an SBB ticket counter.
Please reserve your assistance for international journeys at least 48 hours in advance.
||Arrival at the meeting point (in minutes prior to the train's departure)||
||10||The meeting point is on the platform next to the Mobilift.|
||Deutsche Bahn (DB)||30||
DB arranges a meeting point with the customer (e.g. DB Information or the travel centre).
SLink opens in new window.ervice HandicapLink opens in new window.
Société nationale des chemins de fer français (SNCF)
In France, the customer should proceed to the SNCF welcome point ("Accueil") prior to boarding.
At Paris Gare de Lyon the meeting point is the SNCF "Point d'accueil".
The meeting point is the "Sala Blu" (where available) or otherwise the ticket counter or taxi bay.
www.rfi.itLink opens in new window.
||Österreichische Bundesbahnen (ÖBB)||20||
ÖBB arranges a meeting point with the customer.
www.oebb.atLink opens in new window.
||Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS)||15||
NS arranges a meeting point with the customer, which is usually the NS Service Desk.
(except at Duivendrecht, Maastricht, Middelburg, Schiphol and Utrecht Centraal).
||Société nationale des chemins de fer belges (SNCB)||15||
SNCB arranges a meeting point with the customer.
www.belgianrail.beLink opens in new window.
Disabled people from abroad travelling to Switzerland.
ID documents for disabled travellers issued abroad do not entitle their owners to any discounts when purchasing tickets in Switzerland. Disabled travellers from abroad can purchase discounted international tickets for blind and visually impaired travellers and travellers who use a wheelchair from their country of origin. This allows them to benefit from the discounts for the corresponding ID document.
Each country has its own rules regarding the transportation of baggage. Making a reservation for boarding and alighting assistance does not usually cover the transportation of baggage. This includes international journeys. Assistance is granted if travellers are able to transport their own baggage independently. If you are travelling with a lot of baggage, we would recommend that you also reserve the baggage service in advance.