Discounts for assistance and working dogs.
In general, assistance dogs and (active) working dogs travel free of charge in 1st and 2nd class on public transport and do not require any surcharge to be paid on the train.
A discount will only be granted if.
- The person accompanied by the assistance or working dog holds a valid ticket
- The person accompanied by the dog has a special ID card for assistance or working dogs (a specimen is available from the “Download” area).
- The assistance or working dog wears a special tag on its collar.
- Guide dogs wears a full harness, with or without a rigid handle, pro-vided by a training institution, as well as a special tag on its collar.
The valid ticket and ID card must be shown to the conductor. Assistance dogs are eligible for discounts all year round.
Assistance dogs may be:
- assistance dogs and assistance dogs in training
- guide dogs in training and dogs for breeding from a Swiss guide dog school
Working dogs are only eligible for special travel discounts while they are in service.
Working dogs may be:
- avalanche search dogs
- rescue dogs
Assistance dogs in the dining car.
Assistance dogs are permitted in the dining car. The dogs must, however, wear the official iden-tifiers to be clearly recognisable as assistance dogs. Dogs must be identified with a coat (har-ness) from the training institution and a tag on their collar. The dog owner must show the service staff the ID card for the working dog upon request.
ID cards for assistance/working dogs are issued by the following organisations:
Guide dogs for the blind:
Foundation Swiss School for Guide Dogs for the Blind in Allschwil
Avalanche search dogs:
Alpine Rettung Schweiz, Kantonale Walliser Rettungsorganisation (KWRO - Canton of Valais Rescue Organisation)
- Schweizerischer Verein für die Ausbildung von Hilfshunden für motorisch Behinderte oder Menschen mit Epilepsie (LE COPAIN)
- Schweizerischer Verein für die Ausbildung von Hilfshunden für Behinderten oder Kranken (FARAH DOGS)
- Verein Therapiehunde Schweiz (VTHS)
- Schweizerischer Schäferhunde - Club - Therapiehunde - Team (SC-THT)
- Verein Partnerhunde Schweiz (VPHS)
- Therapiehunde Bodensee
Swiss Disaster Dog Association (REDOG)
If you have any questions, please visit: firstname.lastname@example.orgLink opens in new window.