Test Augmented Reality in Zurich main station with the SBB AR preview app.
Would you like to optimise your travel by train and on local services and find your way around the station more easily?
The SBB AR Preview App has been developed to test precisely these applications. The current version of the app makes finding your way around and journey planning easier at Zurich main station as well as at other stops. The app is currently available for Android operating systems. The use of Augmented Reality (AR) technology enables location-specific content to be displayed at various places in the train station. In this way, the exact information that you need in your current location can be displayed in real time.
The following features are available in the SBB AR preview app:
- Point your smartphone camera at the platform notice board. The app will show you details about the service displayed, such as stops or the occupancy rate of individual coaches. You can navigate through the information and access further details.
- Another function is assistance with using public transport around Swiss railway stations. When leaving the station, the ‘Ride Now’ function helps you to find tram and bus stops and shows departure times. Choose a particular service and you will see details such as stops and departure times.
- Along with trams and buses, a new feature of the app shows other mobility options such as PubliBike stations with information on current availability.
- With the “SBB AR” preview app, you can find shops, platforms and services in Zurich main station. Find your way around the station thanks to virtual additional information in the app.
- In collaboration with Zoo Zurich, the app and its animated koala, Milo, offer you information about the new Australia exhibit at Zoo Zurich and give you the opportunity to buy a discounted RailAway ticket, which includes rail travel, a ticket for the Zurich Transport Network and zoo entry, directly from the app.
More AR features are planned. Take this opportunity to contribute to this exciting product: test the existing and planned features at our workshops.