Flight luggage Switzerland–another country with check-in.
As a Swiss and Edelweiss customer, you can register your flight luggage at selected stations on the evening before and 36 hours before your flight and collect it directly from your destination airport abroad. This means you can also check in at the station.
(Exception: check-in not possible 23 hours before departure of flight LX8066. Check-in only possible from stations with Express flight luggage.)
Flight luggage Switzerland–another country without check-in.
If you are flying with another airline, you can collect your luggage from the SBB airport counter in Zurich or Geneva in the morning once it is open on the day of your flight.
Flight luggage another country-Switzerland.
Your luggage can be shipped back from any airport in the world to Switzerland via selected stations in Switzerland. The timings for flight luggage stations from Zurich airport and Genenva can be found here. For all other stations, the timing is landing until 11 p.m. and collection two days later.
Please bring confirmation of your flight (your reservation or ticket number) with you to the station. Check-in availability at the station is detailed below.
Prices in CHF.
- Per item of luggage: 22
- Check-in only: 12
Price reduction for flight luggage Switzerland-another country with check-in for scheduled flights operated by Swiss (LX):
- First class passengers, "HON Circle" members and "Senator" members: Items of luggage free (flat rate for express service must be paid)
- Business class passengers and "Frequent Traveller" members: 12 per item (discount of CHF 10; flat rate for express service must be paid)
You are only entitled to a discount if Swiss itself is operating the flight (codeshare flights operated by other airlines are excluded) and a Swiss flight number (beginning LX) appears on the ticket. The discounts do not apply to Swiss charter and Swiss leisure flights (flight numbers LX8000–LX9999).
Timeframes at Zurich airport and Geneva airport.
- with and without check-in: Luggage registration on the day before for all flights on the next day; times vary depending on the station.
- with check-in: Collection dependent on the time of the flight at the destination airport.
- without check-in:
- Collection from 6.15 a.m. at the SBB airport counter in Zurich.
- Collection from 7.30 a.m. at the SBB airport counter in Geneva.
- Zurich airport: Landing today by 11 p.m.: Next-day collection vary depending on the station. All other stations - Landing today by 11 p.m.: Collection the day after tomorrow from 9 a.m.
- Geniva airport: Landing today by 12 p.m.: Next-day collection vary depending on the station. All other stations - Landing today by 12 p.m.: Collection the day after tomorrow from 9 a.m.
- After landing, you can also register your luggage at the SBB airport counter in Zurich or Geneva. We will transport it to your requested (manned) station.
- Bags, suitcases
- Golf bags, skis, snowboard
- The registered luggage is precisely defined by number of items and weight. Depending on the flight class booked, it ranges from 23 to 32 kg. The applicable luggage limit is shown on the ticket confirmation. Excess baggage (additional suitcases and weight) is not permitted.
- For luggage shipped from another country to Switzerland, the customs declaration must be properly completed and the luggage must not contain any goods received or purchased abroad (including duty-free quantities).
- Passenger luggage: allowed and forbidden itemsLink opens in new window.
- Bulky itemsLink opens in new window.
Flight luggage Switzerland–another country.
Flight luggage another country-Switzerland.
- Customers from Switzerland: Before departure at the station.
- Customers from abroad: Sold at most points of sale operated by Swiss Travel System.Link opens in new window.
- For SWISS flights numbered LX1 – LX2999
- For Edelweiss flights with WK flight numbers.
- For SWISS customers on Edelweiss flights numbered LX8000 – LX8999.
- From 36 hours before departure. Exception: check-in not possible 23 hours before departure of flight LX8066. Check-in only possible from stations with Express flight luggage.
Check-in not available.
- For passengers with the “light” fare on European flights (flight without luggage included), even if luggage shipment has been paid for online in advance. Check with your provider whether you have purchased a “light” fare, if this is not clearly stated in the documents.
- For “codeshare” flights on other airlines.
- If passenger details are missing or not valid (API), or the visa or ESTA travel permitLink opens in new window. is missing, we cannot bring your boarding card. In this case, you must go to the appropriate desk at the airport no later than 1 hour prior to departure with the valid travel documents (e.g. passport, visa, ESTA). In this case, the luggage forwarder will provide you with information about the exact procedure, in an accompanying letter.
- Nor can we bring the boarding card if the price for the additional luggage has not been paid. You will receive this once you have made payment at the appropriate desk at the airport. In this case, the luggage forwarder will provide you with information about the exact procedure, in an accompanying letter.
- Includes AGA (Allianz Group Assistance) insurance to the value of CHF 2000.
- Documents to be presented at the counter:
- Valid passport, with visa if necessary.
- Confirmation of your flight (your reservation or ticket number)
- You can book outward and return luggage shipments at the same time.
- Luggage can only be registered with a valid ticket for the whole journey or an annual travelcard.