International discount card.
With the GA and Half Fare Travelcards on the SwissPass, you can benefit from a 15% discount on the German and Austrian sections of the route when you make an international journey.
You get the international discount card automatically and for free when you buy tickets to Austria at an SBB counter and on SBB.ch. While German train staff can scan a GA or Half Fare Travelcard on the SwissPass, Austrian train staff cannot. Therefore, please keep the discount card safe for travel to Austria and present it together with your SwissPass. Without this international discount card your 15% reduction for travel to Austria cannot be guaranteed.
The international discount card
- is personal and only valid together with the SwissPass. It must be shown at ticket checks in Austria.
- is available for free when you buy tickets on SBB.ch and at SBB counters.
- is also available separately at SBB counters. Bring your international ticket with you.
- cannot be obtained abroad.
- has the same duration of validity as the ticket it accompanies.
- enables discounted travel to Germany and Austria, but not to other countries such as France or Italy. (For these journeys, you must buy a Railplus card.)
- is personalised with your first name and surname.