Swiss Half Fare Card.
Planning a longer stay in Switzerland? Would you like to go on excursions throughout the whole country? Then we recommend the Swiss Half Fare Card. This entitles you to one month’s half-price1 travel from the date of purchase on trains, buses, boats and mountain railways anywhere in Switzerland, in 1st and 2nd class.
- 50% discount1 in 1st and 2nd class on travel with most trains, buses and boats, as well as on public transport in 75 towns and cities.
- Validity: 1 month (30 days) starting with the first transfer day.
- The Swiss Half Fare Card may be purchased at Swiss railway stations and from many travel agencies throughout Europe.
- Only persons domiciled outside Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein are entitled to purchase this ticket.
- Children under the age of 16 travel free of charge when accompanied by at least one parent holding the Swiss Family Card. At least one parent must have a Swiss Travel System ticket.
- The Swiss Half Fare Card Combi is available as an additional card when buying a Swiss Travel Pass Flex or a Swiss Transfer Ticket. It costs CHF 60. You can purchase it at all Swiss Travel System points of sale in your own country or online from SwissTravelSystem.com.
1 Over short distances the discount with a Half-Fare travelcard may be less than 50%, due to the minimum fare. This also applies to reduced offers or combined offers, which include a train journey and additional services.