Accessibility on SBB.ch.
New technology makes it possible – accessible travel at SBB.ch.
In March 2019, the “Access for all” foundation certified the accessibility of the SBB.ch website. This involved an independent team of accessibility specialists assessing whether our websites are accessible to all and if the standards for certification have been met.
Declaration of conformity.
Conformity with levels A and AA of the “Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, WCAG 2.0” has been established for the website on the basis of a defined spot check. The tests were conducted in a testing environment using representative, assisting technologies.
Not all content on SBB.ch is accessible to all yet. This particularly affects older applications and documents that were created or programmed by external parties. These are marked accordingly and are not included in the certification. The following sections of the website are not currently accessible:
- Business customers area
- Leisure ideas finder
- Additional timetable features
- SBB Change (currency exchange)
- Lost and found office
- Goodwill gesture shop
- Safety screens
- Train & Hotel (international city breaks)
- Touch timetable
- WhatsApp Broadcast
- Netmetrix surveys on the website
- Hotel booking
- Group travel calculator
- Various pages concerning luggage
- Booking appointments for advice
- International bargain price finder
- Older or complex PDF files and files from third parties