Compensation for delays.
On this page, we answer the question of what compensation you are entitled to in the event of a delay in Switzerland and Europe. Passenger rights provide the legal foundations for this.
Delays in Switzerland: national passenger rights.
Delays when travelling to Europe: international passenger rights.
Here you can find an overview of the most important laws and regulations which underlie national and international passenger rights.
- The Swiss Federal Law on Public Transport (German)Link opens in new window.
- The Swiss Ordinance on Public Transport (German)Link opens in new window.
- Fare conditions for all Swiss public transport companies (German)
- Uniform Rules concerning the Contract for International Carriage of Passengers by Rail (CIV)Link opens in new window.
- General Conditions of Carriage for Rail Passengers (GCC-CIV/PRR) (PDF, 476 KB)Link opens in new window. (PDF, 476 KB)
- SBB Special Conditions of Carriage for International Travel (BBB-SBB)
- Information leaflet about the Agreement on Journey Continuation in respect of International Passenger Traffic by Rail (AJC) (PDF, 90 KB)Link opens in new window. (PDF, 90 KB)This document is not barrier-free.