TNW (Northwestern Switzerland fare network): Travelling in Northwestern Switzerland.
At a glance
The six most important transport companies in the Northwestern Switzerland region (the cantons of Basel-Stadt and Basel-Landschaft, Fricktal, Schwarzbubenland and the local authority, Ederswiler JU) are combined under TNW. The same simple fare system applies across the entire TNW network area. For city or country you require one ticket only.
Whether you need a 1-day travelpass or multiple-journey ticket, a individual ticket, group ticket or travelcard – TNW has a suitable product for every travel requirement.
How to buy your TNW ticket.
The zone system applies for all tickets within the entire TNW network area. The zone plan shows you how many adjoining zones (areas) you must pay for to go from A to B. Irrespective of whether you are travelling by train, bus or tram – all types of public transport are included in the price of the zones you have paid for within the period of validity.
U-Abo travelcards are valid in the entire TNW area without any time limit.
Travel everywhere with the Half-Fare travelcard
If you hold a Half-Fare travelcard, you benefit from reduced prices for all individual or group tickets, multiple-journey tickets and 1-day travelpasses.
Outside the network area
For journeys beyond the borders of the network, network tickets are only valid up to the last timetabled stop within the zones purchased. The network tickets are not valid in SBB trains that do not stop in the zones paid for.
New! From 11 December 2011 night-time supplement no longer required.
- Thanks to the TNW Nighttime Network, you can travel by train and bus at night from Friday into Saturday and Saturday into Sunday until the early hours of the morning.
- The TNW Nighttime Network includes all routes designated SN or N in the Northwestern Switzerland region.
- A supplement is not payable for these specially designated night-time network services.
- If you wish to use the TNW night-time network, a valid ticket is all you require (TNW zone ticket, GA travelcard, etc.).
- TNW tickets are available from ticket counters during opening hours. At other times, they can be purchased at ticket machines or via SBB Mobile.
Prices, product and timetable specifications subject to modifications.