ZVV (Zurich Transport Network): Travelling in the canton of Zurich.
At a glance
All public transport companies in the canton of Zurich are combined under ZVV. The same simple fare system applies across the entire ZVV network area. For city or country you require one ticket only.
Whether you need a day pass or multiple-journey ticket, a individual ticket, group ticket or travelcard – ZVV has a suitable product for every travel requirement.
How to buy your ZVV ticket.
The zone system applies for all tickets within the entire ZVV network area. The zone plan shows you how many adjoining zones (areas) you must pay for to go from A to B.
Irrespective of whether you are travelling by train, bus, tram or ship – all types of public transport are included in the price of the zones you have paid for within the period of validity.
Travel everywhere with the Half-Fare travelcard
If you hold a Half-Fare travelcard, you benefit from reduced prices for all individual or group tickets, multiple-journey tickets and day passes.
Outside the network area
For journeys beyond the borders of the network, network tickets are only valid up to the last timetabled stop within the zones purchased.
The network tickets are not valid in SBB trains that do not stop in the zones paid for.
- Thanks to the Zurich Transport Network Nighttime Network, you can travel by train and bus at night from Friday into Saturday and Saturday into Sunday until the early hours of the morning.
- The ZVV Nighttime Network includes all routes designated SN or N.
- These specially marked ZVV Nighttime Network routes are subject to supplements.
- If you would like to use the ZVV Nighttime Network, you will require a ZVV night supplement of CHF 5.00 in addition to the valid ticket (all ZVV tickets and national tickets).
- You can buy the night supplement up to closing time at the ticket counter and at any time of day or night from the ticket machines or via SBB Mobile.
Prices, product and timetable specifications subject to modifications.