Avignon – the city of the popes.
The offer is available in the following categories
- Individual travellers
- Directly from Geneva in around 3 hours in July and August.
- Just one change in Lyon during the other months.
- Environmentally friendly: travel from Geneva with approx. 23× lower CO2 emissions than by car.
- Benefit from free Wi-Fi on TGV Lyria services.
- Three travel classes with various flexibility levels.
Welcome to the City of Popes. Avignon lends itself perfectly to revelling in nostalgia. Stroll through the beautiful Old Town, part of which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. While you're there, take a proper look at the intact and imposing ramparts: they encircle the entire Old Town, with its Gothic Papal Palace and the glorious medieval houses. The Old Town is dominated by the Gothic Papal Palace, to which the town owes its nickname.