Surf for free with SBB FreeSurf.
Thanks to the SBB FreeSurf app, you can surf the internet for free on all SBB long-distance trains (IC and IR).
SBB FreeSurf is based on the good mobile phone coverage along railway lines in Switzerland. This means you enjoy faster and smoother internet access with more bandwidth than conventional internet connection on the train. Trains with free internet are marked with FS (for FreeSurf) in the online timetable and in the SBB Mobile app.
The mobile providers you need to benefit from SBB FreeSurf.
- If you have a mobile phone contract with digitec connect, Quickline, Salt (Das Abo, GoMo, Lidl Connect are included), Sunrise or Swisscom, you can surf the internet for free using the SBB FreeSurf app.
- Passengers from abroad can surf the internet for free if they have a SIM card from a participating provider (as long as the Play Store can be used for Android devices in the corresponding country).
How does it work?
- Install the SBB FreeSurf app (iOS or Android).
- Register once only.
- Board a long-distance train (trains with free internet are marked with FS (for FreeSurf) in the online timetable and in the SBB Mobile app.).
- Activate Bluetooth.
- Open SBB FreeSurf.
- Confirm that you wish to surf for free.
- Start surfing.