Bicycle ticket for accompanied bikes.
For bicycles which you take onto the train yourself, you need to buy a bicycle ticket. A bicycle ticket is valid for SBB services, private railways, PostBus and other transport companies.
Please note that, depending on passenger demand – especially if the weather is good – little capacity may be available for accompanied bikes on certain services.
Prices bicycle ticket.
|Product||Prices in CHF*|
|Annual bike pass (valid for one year, non- transferable)||240|
|1-day bike pass reduced fare**||13|
|1-day bike pass full fare||20|
|1-day bike pass multipack (6 freely selectable days)**||78|
Short-distance bike ticket reduced fare**
||Standard half-fare ticket, 2nd class|
|Short-distance bike ticket full fare||Standard full-fare ticket, 2nd class|
|Reservation on InterCity trains (ICs) travelling via the southern foot of the Jura (IC5/51) and through the Gotthard Base Tunnel (IC2/21) (required from 21 March to 31 October)||5|
- *Applies to standard bikes and bike trailers (empty). Non-standard bikes (longer than 2 m) cost double the fares listed.
- **Adult with a GA, Half-Fare travelcard, STS (tickets from the Swiss Travel System range, for passengers from abroad), and children until their 16th birthday.
Note: For space and safety reasons, the transport of tandems, recumbent bicycles, tricycles and other bicycles longer than two meters is not possible in IR, IC and EC trains operated by SBB.
Bike trailers used as pushchairs count:
- as a bike trailer when the parents are travelling by bike (prices as per table)
- as a pushchair when the parents are not travelling by bike (transported free of charge as luggage)
- You can get an annual bike pass at SBB.ch, at a ticket counter or from the Rail Service by calling 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.).
- You can obtain 1-day bike pass multipacks at the counter or by calling Rail Service 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.).
- 1-day bike passes can be purchased at SBB.ch, via your mobile phone, at the counter or from ticket machines.
- Short-distance trip tickets are available at SBB.ch, via your mobile phone, at the counter or from ticket machines.
- Reservations are required between 21 March to 31 October on InterCity trains (IC) that travel via the southern foot of the Jura and through the Gotthard Base Tunnel. You can purchase a reservation at the station or up to five minutes before departure on the SBB Mobile app or SBB.ch.
Reductions and special offers.
- Children with a Junior travelcard can take their children's bike or trailer bike free of charge when accompanied by a parent with a valid bicycle ticket. The same principle applies to children with a Children's Co-travelcard or STS Family Card.
- Children's bikes for children under the age of 6 count as hand luggage and can be taken on board free of charge.
- Passengers with an „Identity card for passengers with a disability“ may check in a tandem, reclining bike or tricycle for the fare listed for a standard bicycle.
Prices and product specifications subject to change.